WHAT IS IT?
One Year Educational Programme which helps students make the transition into Senior Cycle-First introduced in 1986/1987 now taught in most 2nd level schools in the Country.
All students who have completed the Junior Cycle Education.
English / Irish / Mathematics
Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural science)
Modern Languages – Spanish and French
Geography (Environmental Studies) /History
Art/ Woodwork/Technical Graphics
Mini-Company /Junk kouture
Home Economics (Craft/Culinary Skills)
Religious / Physical Education / SPHE/ Young Social Innovators
European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
Each Wednesday afternoon is dedicated to activities for all Transition Year Students
Please find an sample of activities outline below- they may vary from year to year
GAA Coaching Course
Opportunities for students:
|Schol Catering Team||Green Schools Committee||Games Committee||BTYS|
|Journalistic Reporting||Prefects||Student Council||Scifest|
|Student Care Team||Mentors||Debating||Young Environmentalist Awards|
|Gaisce Awards||Pope John Paul II Award||Sensory Garden||Foreign Trip|
- 2 work placements during the year
- 2 weeks prior to Christmas and 1 week at the end of the year.
School and Institute based
Outside examining boards include:
- ICS – Skills (ECDL)Click here for more details
- Westmeath Enterprise Board http://www.westmeath-enterprise.ie/
- Gaisce http://www.gaisce.ie/
- GAA Coaching http://www.gaa.ie/coaching-and-games-development/coaching/coach-education/